PUBLIC RECORDS LAW
Be advised that in accordance with the public records law, which will take effect on January 1, 2017, the WHA has assigned the following Records Access Officers (RAO):
- !• Paula Mountain, Executive Director
The RAO will:
- Coordinate the agency’s response to requests for access to public records
- Assist individuals seeking public records in identifying the records requested
- Assist the custodian of records in preserving public records
- Prepare guidelines that enable requestors to make informed requests.
Effective January 1, 2017, RAO’s must respond to a request for records in writing within 10 calendar days and permit inspection or furnish a copy of a requested public record within 10 business day following receipt of the request.
There is a charge of 5 cents for black and white paper copies or computer printouts for both single and double-sided sheets. If a response to a request requires more than 4 hours of employee time, there is a fee of the hourly rate of the lowest paid employee with the skills necessary to search for, compile, segregate, redact or reproduce a requested record. The fee shall not exceed $25.00 an hour.
Requests for public records should be made on the Request for Public Records form whenever possible and/or in writing to the Wenham Housing Authority, Larch Lane, Wenham, MA 01984 or by e-mail to email@example.com.